Corporate identity refers to the specific character that a company is aiming to put across the target market in order to attain certain business objectives. This character or personality may directly convey or subliminally imply the company’s mission, vision and philosophy through corporate identity branding.
The corporate identity branding simply means appealing to the target market’s senses for them to feel a sense of ownership of the product or company and connection to the philosophy it embodies. It is often viewed as having three major components:
• Corporate design (logos, taglines, corporate colors, etc)
• Corporate communication (information, advertising, public relations)
• Corporate values (internal values and norms)
These components also apply to corporate identity branding using the worldwide web. Since the internet is more visual and auditory than tactile, maximizing the corporate design and corporate communication are the top priorities in effective corporate identity branding.
The top three methods to establish a strong corporate identity online are:
1. Brand definition – Having a clear mission and vision statement is the first step in planning how a company is to be portrayed. Choosing a specific target market, identifying their needs and wants comes in second. Combining these two answers the question “What is the company all about?”.
2. Logos, taglines or advertising slogans – Company logos usually come with taglines or advertising slogans to capture the attention and curiosity of the audience. The most effective logos are the simplest ones, just enough to strike attention and be retained in the memory. Usual logo designs do not have abstract patterns and mix of complicated colors. Common sense would dictate that for any branding to be effective, they need not be confusing. In the same way, taglines are typically short and catchy, for easy retention. Consistency in color schemes and fonts also play an important part in making the audience remember better.
3. Brand management and online brand marketing – Corporations make use of a myriad of cost-efficient online marketing strategies available today. These include search engine optimization, social media marketing, keyword research and much more. The goal is to build visibility while establishing reliability and good reputation in the online community. A company website which states the abovementioned inclusions in brand definition, has logos and taglines together with necessary contact information and welcomes client feedback is a good springboard for online brand marketing. Careful planning on how to utilize the search engines and social media to the advantage of the company creates more visibility and possibly drives traffic to the company’s website and generate revenues as well.
Corporate identity branding takes ample planning, consistent execution and follow through to make sure that the company’s set business goals are achieved and the target market is satisfied with the delivery goods and services.
Now you know the importance of identity and branding for your business, to brand your business effectively, learn the 5 Ways to Turbocharge Your Branding by signing up to get our free invitation to the next online seminar!
If you enjoy what you have just read, please “Like” or “Tweet” this.