A huge percentage of budget for business goes towards different forms of advertising. After all, getting your consumers interested and hooked in what you have to offer is the key to being a smashing success in your business of choice.
So what are the five major types of marketing that give results without hurting your pocket?
1. Word of mouth – In marketing jargon, this falls under the category of direct marketing. Of all the different types of marketing, this makes it to number one for being the most cost efficient and effective at the same time.
Word of mouth can come in both oral and written forms. The best part about it is you don’t have to pay people to do it for you. Rants and raves about your business can spread like wildfire in the blogosphere, review sites and much more.
This type of marketing works because consumers tend to believe someone who has authority and reliability or someone who has actually tried your product/service.
Different types of business strategies would suggest keeping yourself abreast with how people react to your business and to make sure that there are more good publicity that goes around to benefit from.
2. Referral Programs – One of the relatively new types of advertising is the referral program. This marketing strategy does not hurt your pocket because its mechanism is to only give rewards to people who bring in a certain number of referrals or revenues.
The tendency is for consumers to make use of their own personal networks to bring in referrals, thus marketing your business well without you having to shell out big time or do the legwork.
3. Social Media Marketing – Social media marketing is indeed one of the recent five major types of marketing that really generates results. Making a page or profile in social networking sites such as Facebook, MySpace, Twitter and much more is simple and free. Putting up ads in these websites can cost you but your ads are sure to be seen by millions of people all over the globe.
4. Event-based marketing – This marketing strategy is more specific in a way that you advertise your business in an event that has majority of your target market. A good example of this is sponsoring an inter-high school cheerleading competition or sporting event in your locale if your target market are teens. Giving away special awards or samples give you publicity as well as a chance for your audience to sample your product and talk about it.
5. Online business listing – There are ample websites that offer free online business listings. This is very useful since consumers need direct to the point information like where to find you and how to contact you. Online business listings give you the chance to advertise and give factual information about your company without having to spend at all.
Next, to learn more on five major types of marketing, sign up to get free invitation to the next coming online seminar.
If you enjoy what you have just read, please “Like” or “Tweet” this.