The world’s financial crisis has got negative impacts on many businesses, the big corporates that usually active in recruiting people are now resorting to lay-offs so as to decrease their expenses, this has caused the reduction in numbers of available vacancies in the job market recently. Luckily, there are some career opportunities that has a bright future in the US and maybe do not get affected by this current recession across the globe.
Click on the PLAY button to watch the video
Here are a list of top ten careers in demand:
- Medical Assistants perform their tasks like a doctor, they need to check the patients, diagnoses them on their illness and sometimes have to make medicine prescription. When doctor can be responsible for most part of the treatment medical assistants have more chance to contact physically and exchange of conversation with the patients. You need a professional degree and finish a training program to work in this field. The average annual pay is $70K.
- Registered Nurses has maintained to be the number one most demanded profession in the healthcare industries, vacancies are available in large organization and hospital giving medical care services. The yearly pay can range from $45K-$68K. Competition for this line is quite high, applicants with nursing degree and work experience will have a lot more chances in safe guarding a better paid position.
- Personal and Home Care Aides are hired by the families of physically disabled or ailing person to give care on a longer-term situation. They work in the house with patients. The average yearly income range is $19K-$29K.
- Computer Software Engineers need to make use of their computer science technical knowledge to create designs, do test and make an evaluation on software and system in computers. While the current trend in the PC world is changing fast, they have to make constant evolution at their project so as to keep up with the industry’s direction. This professional placement will growth at a rate of about 40%. Average salary per year is about $75K and you need to complete a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering to join this market segment.
- Network System Analyst need to keep up on the communication network of a large organization, that includes, e-mail, file sharing, voice-mail systems in tip top working condition. They will need to work out the latest technology, realign the system, and maintain the company’s internet infrastructure. The annual income is at $60K and the jobs’ growth rate is over 50%! Minimum educational needed is an associate degree but certain allocation need a bachelor’s in Computer Science.
- Database Administrator has got a critical role to play in our world today whereby people’s focus revolves around content, their work includes rearranging and filing up information in computer data storage system so that user can retrieve them easily. They will have to up keep and make improvement to the system to increase working efficiency and reliability. You will need a bachelor’s degree related to computer studies, there are about 40% growing prospect in this line and the average salary is $60K.
- Sales and marketing positions will continue to flourish even during times of bad economy. Many internet sales expert from the dot-com bust are among most head-hunted group by big companies with businesses in the online world. Internet sales and marketing directors with many years of work experience in web marketing are highly in demand. They can make up to $150K or more…
- Accounting professionals have been very popular lately, many small businesses have realized the need for having proper accounts and financial administrative skills related to recession-proof their current commercial positions. Staff accountants make between $50-$70K, an Account Directors earn $80K and above.
- School Teacher – If you like to work around children , like to watch them progress as they learn, you will not be able to get the same satisfaction unless you become a teacher. The income of a teacher can be a little lower but it is unlikely you will be affected by bad economy working in education sector. There is a consistent demand for teachers with good communication skills, the talent to connect with student and incredible ability to understand children’s thinking, for tapping their potential.
- Green Engineer – Currently, issues on environmental conservation, sustainability and save our planet campaign that people as well as government are promoting, the authorities will have some new regulations put up that cover many parts in our daily lives. Starting a “green” career now seems a wise choice. You can be a green electrician that evaluate energy usage audit services for businesses, give solutions and install device to save energy consumptions. You can then bill corporates for your service or being paid based on the cost saved during the first year after implementing your devices. Depending on the size of organizations, savings can range from hundreds of thousands to millions of dollars.
With the top ten careers in demand listed above, they are currently recession proof and very popular among job seekers. Looking ahead, these careers will have a bright future. If you are planning a job change or just starting a career, you can pick any of the ten mentioned. You want to equip yourself by investing in some education and this is the key to success!
Next, you might want to pick up some skills in social media, as the world is going online, there is a high demand for people that know their way around Facebook, Twitter or any other popular social platform. More…